Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

This week's obligatory washington seminar excursion was to the National Defense University at Fort McNair. We played a war game. It sounded like we would be planning strategy for a war, but it was actually more like Model UN, except we had different roles within one of two countries. Our scenario was negotiating between Mexico and the US.
It was a lot of fun. It reminded me of how much I love role-playing negotiations. I did get a little snarky with one of the guys on the other team, I'm not fond of being cut off mid-sentence ;), especially when I'm suppossed to be the Secretary of State.
As normally happens with negotiations between countries there were no real decisions made, but it was an enlightening exercise into the complexities between the US and Mexican relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment