Friday, October 19, 2012

The next steps...

With such a great title for a blog it seems unfair to limit its usage to a single summer...and since for me life often feels like I'm returning to similar lessons and places...why not keep the title? :) There an back again reminds me that although I've been here before I've learned much since the previous time. Its also a good metaphor for life, we begin our journey helpless and we often leave it helpless...

Anyway enough of me waxing poetic. I finished my internship in DC...it was a wonderful experience and I thoroughly enjoyed working a block away from the Capitol, and walking the tunnels that connect the office buildings with the Capitol. Its a confusing maze, but I finally figured out a pathway from my office to the door of the House clerks.

I am currently in my last year of Graduate School, and will be graduating in April. (No, I don't know what I'm doing after graduation, so don't ask) I'm enjoying most of my classes, and the other ones are necessary for graduation...so I endure (mostly) without complaint. In one of my classes I have to read a book about someone who has dealt with struggles in their life, and been happy. I decided to read Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielsen...this woman is amazing. You can read about her on her blog here. She and her husband were in a plane crash in 2008 and she was very badly burned. It has given me a lot of perspective on trials to read about her, and see her strength in dealing with her trials.

New this year at BYU is the addition of my sister. She is a  Freshman and it has been wonderful to have her here with me. I finally hiked the Y because of her influence...I will probably never do it again, but it is cool to be able to say I did it. It was a killer hike...possibly because I'm from Sea Level and have tiny lungs, but also partially because I'm not in the best shape...although Shaina and I go running twice a week in the mornings...another benefit of her presence.


I'm excited for Halloween...I'm going to be Princess Leia...and I'm kind of like a small child in my excitement about it. Pictures to follow. :)

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment